Shipping Law and Ship Registration
PETROS YIANNAKAS & ASSOCIATES LLC has considerable expertise in the field of admiralty and shipping law. Furthermore, our Firm undertakes all related procedures for the registration of ships and ship registry related transactions. Such undertakings include:
- Applications related to Registry transactions with regards to ships, small vessels, yachts etc.;
- Parallel (bareboat) registrations;
- Registration of shipping companies;
- Expert advice on ship registrations, transfer of ownership of vessels, change of vessel names, related searches etc.
- Claims for loss or damage to cargo;
- Freight and off-hire disputes
- Drafting and reviewing of agreements;
- Security and enforcement of mortgages;
- Advice on related company law and tax matters.
Our Firm has advised and provided litigation support to a wide range of clientele dealing in the field of admiralty and has assisted in the resolution of commercial and legal issues in both domestic and cross-border level. Through our network of professional maritime lawyers in various jurisdictions, we are in a position to service and offer full support to our clients.
PETROS YIANNAKAS & ASSOCIATES LLC is able to register, administer and manage both pleasure and commercial vessels in all major flag states. Our Firm is well known for its speed in registrations and cost efficiency. For more information on the countries we offer such services, please refer to the Corporate Services section of our website.
The following are some of the services we offer word-wide:
- Yacht registration in all major flag states;
- Radio, EPIRB and ComSat licensing and registration;
- Assistance with MCA coding for commercial registration;
- Assistance with surveying;
- Tax and VAT planning and advice
- Legal advisory services;
- Marine insurance;
- Marine financing;
- Crew health insurance and payroll;
- Banking and card facilities.